Programmer wont turn on when plugged in U7198

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
JoeyO
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Programmer wont turn on when plugged in U7198

Post by JoeyO »

Programmer U7198 does not turn on anymore when plugged into the trucks port. I checked cig fuse that the port gets its power from and its good.

Any suggestions?


Should I get an RA# and return for service/repair?

1999 Silverado with 4.8

Thanks,

Joey
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58772
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: Programmer wont turn on when plugged in U7198

Post by mikel »

Can you try powering the unit up in another GM vehicle or with a 12v 1 amp power supply please.
I'd hate to have you send the tool in and have it sent right back because it was a bad plug in your car.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
JoeyO
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by JoeyO »

I did plug the programmer into 2 other vehicles along with mine and still does not power up. Please advise me on what I should do next.

Joey
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58772
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

JoeyO wrote:I did plug the programmer into 2 other vehicles along with mine and still does not power up. Please advise me on what I should do next.

Joey
Sounds like something came loose inside the unit.
Give us a call at the office so we can get that fixed for you.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
cobraracer46
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by cobraracer46 »

My Preditor started doing the same thing. I plug in the preditor to Cobra's OBDII port and the Unit no longer powers up.
2001 Ford SVT cobra.

Mods: bicycle rack
Image
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

try powering it up from another vehicles obd port or a power adapter.... see if it powers up...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
User avatar
cobraracer46
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by cobraracer46 »

I plugged in the Preditor to two more vehicles and still nothing. I did plug in the AC adapter to power up the Preditor and then I hooked up the unit to the OBD II port and presto! the unit is able to read my car's computer data stream. So what is wrong with my Preditor? The OBD II Cable? If the cable is defective on my 2004 model Preditor, what is the price for a new cable?
2001 Ford SVT cobra.

Mods: bicycle rack
Image
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58772
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

fill out an rma request please.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ratedr2011
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by ratedr2011 »

I am having the same problem on my 2004 programmer.... what is a rma request?
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Ford Gas”