Programmer U7198 does not turn on anymore when plugged into the trucks port. I checked cig fuse that the port gets its power from and its good.
Any suggestions?
Should I get an RA# and return for service/repair?
1999 Silverado with 4.8
Thanks,
Joey
Programmer wont turn on when plugged in U7198
Moderator: mikel
- mikel
- Posts: 58772
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Programmer wont turn on when plugged in U7198
Can you try powering the unit up in another GM vehicle or with a 12v 1 amp power supply please.
I'd hate to have you send the tool in and have it sent right back because it was a bad plug in your car.
Thanks
I'd hate to have you send the tool in and have it sent right back because it was a bad plug in your car.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- mikel
- Posts: 58772
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Sounds like something came loose inside the unit.JoeyO wrote:I did plug the programmer into 2 other vehicles along with mine and still does not power up. Please advise me on what I should do next.
Joey
Give us a call at the office so we can get that fixed for you.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- cobraracer46
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 pm
try powering it up from another vehicles obd port or a power adapter.... see if it powers up...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
- cobraracer46
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 pm
I plugged in the Preditor to two more vehicles and still nothing. I did plug in the AC adapter to power up the Preditor and then I hooked up the unit to the OBD II port and presto! the unit is able to read my car's computer data stream. So what is wrong with my Preditor? The OBD II Cable? If the cable is defective on my 2004 model Preditor, what is the price for a new cable?
2001 Ford SVT cobra.
Mods: bicycle rack

Mods: bicycle rack

- mikel
- Posts: 58772
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
fill out an rma request please.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
ratedr2011
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 pm