trinity not saving original backup

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
kojack
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm

trinity not saving original backup

Post by kojack »

I have a 2002 5.3 silverado just got my trinity in updated it, plugged it in and it won't save original backup. Gives this error PCM: error prepare read (-1). Any ideas on why this is happening the truck is stock as far as I know.
kojack
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm

RE: trinity not saving original backup

Post by kojack »

Also I did some reading here on the forums and found similar problems and the solution being to unplug anything aftermarket from the vehicle. I unplugged my stereo and amp still no luck. I have LED aftermarket taillights, corner lights and HID headlights could this be something else causing the problem?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: trinity not saving original backup

Post by mikel »

anything thats tied into the stock harness can be an issue...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
JoshHunt
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 pm

RE: trinity not saving original backup

Post by JoshHunt »

I am having the exact same problem with my 02 gmc Sierra 1500 with a 5.3, I have a clarion sterio deck, wired for subs but there is non in it, I have halo headlights and after market tale lights also that the previous owner put in, I put a k&n intake and poweraid throttle body spacer in, as far as I know everything else is stock
kojack
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm

RE: trinity not saving original backup

Post by kojack »

I hadn't messed with my trinity since April, woke up this morning decided to download the latest update tried it out and it worked perfectly.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: trinity not saving original backup

Post by mikel »

good to hear.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: RE: trinity not saving original backup

Post by mikel »

JoshHunt wrote:I am having the exact same problem with my 02 gmc Sierra 1500 with a 5.3, I have a clarion sterio deck, wired for subs but there is non in it, I have halo headlights and after market tale lights also that the previous owner put in, I put a k&n intake and poweraid throttle body spacer in, as far as I know everything else is stock
disconnect the aftermarket harness thats being used to connect the stereo to the trucks harness...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity GM Gas”