trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

roborin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by roborin »

Jumping right in. After downloading the firmware for the Trinity for the 2013 duragno 5.7, I hooked it up to my ride and tried the 93 octane install. Took it down the road at a nice easy pace, and after a mile all my gauges went dead and just about all the warning lights came on. Still drove ok all the way back to the house. re-installed the factory settings and now the ABS light stays on. Tried re-installing the 93 octane and stepped on the gas, only this time all my problems happened in less than a quarter mile. went back to factory setting and ABS light still on. Unhooked the trinity, did a test drive, and parked it.

2013 Durango R/T still needs some work. Let me know when it will be safe to drive it again.
User avatar
garrett
Site Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by garrett »

Did you make any modifications to the tune?
Image
roborin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by roborin »

I did not make any changes until this morning. I put in tire size but that was it. No change from first post.
User avatar
garrett
Site Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by garrett »

roborin wrote:I did not make any changes until this morning. I put in tire size but that was it. No change from first post.
what size tires do you have on the vehicle and what came factory?
Image
roborin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by roborin »

Same size tires. everything is stock. I have a CAI that I would like to put on and an exhaust in a few months.
User avatar
garrett
Site Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by garrett »

roborin wrote:Same size tires. everything is stock. I have a CAI that I would like to put on and an exhaust in a few months.
try restoring the original backup, and not make any adjustments to the tune. There's no reason to make a tire adjustment unless you actually changed the tire.
Image
roborin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by roborin »

All my troubles happened before I changed the tire size. I input the tire size to see if it made a difference.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58774
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by mikel »

roborin wrote:All my troubles happened before I changed the tire size. I input the tire size to see if it made a difference.
please restore the stock tune, and load this update, then go ahead and change the tire size again, it should set the light off.

Thanks
Attachments
trinity_dcx_gas-1t10cc_update.crom
(4.55 MiB) Downloaded 305 times
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
roborin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by roborin »

I can download the tune but am not able to install it. the downloader can not recognize it on my computer, it doesn't even look for .crom extensions.
User avatar
garrett
Site Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by garrett »

roborin wrote:I can download the tune but am not able to install it. the downloader can not recognize it on my computer, it doesn't even look for .crom extensions.
Make sure to restore the original backup first, and click "Update Tool" on the DS Downloader. Once you select "Update Tool" CROM files are the only extension the DS Downloader looks for.
Image
roborin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by roborin »

I have restored the factory tune on my vehicle. The DS Downloader finds my tool but will not find any .crom extentions. Is there someone I should call, this back and forth on this thread is really starting to make me feel stupid, for I am either not explaining my problem or you are not understanding what I am explaining.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58774
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by mikel »

roborin wrote:I have restored the factory tune on my vehicle. The DS Downloader finds my tool but will not find any .crom extentions. Is there someone I should call, this back and forth on this thread is really starting to make me feel stupid, for I am either not explaining my problem or you are not understanding what I am explaining.
are you clicking the update tool button on dsdl?
it will only look for .crom files when you do that.

of course you can call, the number is in Garrett and My signatures, 561-908-0040x1

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58774
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by mikel »

any update here?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
roborin
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by roborin »

Sorry I have not worked with it yet. Had some other issues to take care of. I will call on Monday to get it all sorted out..
TRAUMA
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: trouble with 2013 Durango R/T

Post by TRAUMA »

same here - just installed diablo 93 octane tune, and
set tires to 22" - test drove with ABS light on

restored backup, ABS Light remains

do i try the file u posted? i updated my trinity last night to newest
auto-update version available
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”